New To-Do List (which is actually a chart!)

In the interest of bringing better organization to my life, I typed "post it to do list" into Pinterest. (And, let's face it, I also wanted to play around with my brand new Pinterest account!)There were a lot of great ideas on there, including this one, which ended up being basically what I did, except that I put mine on poster board instead of a chalk board.

While I was standing in the middle of the Wal-Mart office supply area, a really friendly employee walked up and asked if I was looking for something specific. I told her I was trying to put together some sort of Post-It to-do list, and she gave me a couple suggestions. After brainstorming with her for about five minutes, this is what we came up with: 

DSCN2586 001

I color coded the main categories where I usually have things to be done: my blog, school, home, co-op, and misc. It's super easy to add new items and take down the ones you've done. If I do things out of order, it doesn't bother me, since I have the ability to move the Post-Its around. (I have always disliked having a #3 item crossed off of a list before a #2 item!)

I love that now I have a visual of what I need to get done. Having a list of things to cross off is helpful for me if I have things that need to be done immediately and in a certain order, but it doesn't help me to remember the things that need to be done at some point in the near future. Now I can have the best of both worlds!

Labels: